The development of a country must be serviceable and uniform in all regions. All citizens need a well-developed infrastructure that will connect to the public water supply and sewerage network, quality roads, decent intercity transport, and other modern utilities.
The Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development aims to support each region's competitiveness and sustainable development, adjusting disparities and increasing the quality of life of all citizens of the Republic of Moldova. To achieve this, we focus on the following goals:
• Development of the normative framework for the implementation of the regional development policy
• Increasing the competitiveness and economic development of the regions
• Regional infrastructure development
• Implementation of urban development policy
• Rehabilitation of local infrastructure
The Regional Development Agency (RDA) is a non-commercial public institution with financial autonomy, subordinated to the Ministry of Infrastructure and Regional Development of the Republic of Moldova.
The Agency was created to ensure the effective implementation of the objectives of the Regional Development Strategy and other public policy documents on the sustainable development of the country's regions.
The institution provides assistance to local public authorities in the balanced and sustainable development of localities in the northern, central and southern regions of the country by identifying opportunities and possibilities to achieve regional development priorities:
- analyses the socio-economic situation and the problems in the respective development region;
- elaborates regional development strategies and operational plans;
- coordinates the process of adjusting the Regional Development Strategy and the operational plan with the National Development Strategy and sectoral plans concerning to the respective development region;
- elaborates regional development projects and programs;
- strengthens the capacities of the authorities and organizations involved in the regional development;
- ensures the implementation and financing of regional development programs and projects;
- attracts local and foreign investors;
- coordinates regional development activities with central and local public authorities, public associations, other institutions and organizations of civil society and private sector;
- promotes the development region in the country and abroad.
RDA UTA GAGAUZIA